DISCLAIMER:

DISCLAIMER: I reserve the right to curse on this blog. If you are offended, too f$%&ing bad. As a result, content might not be appropriate for small children.

Also, my spelling is terrible ... even with spell check. I apologize in advance for any errers.






Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Mom Sent the Finish Line to Me


Well I know my mom is reading the blog! I have no idea if this silly, little website is helpful to anyone but her and Grandma. Or if it's really just therapeutic for me. But I'm enjoying it none the less. Brian Roche says his family members are a bunch of blog readers ... so it's nice to know you're loved.
 
I know Mom loves me because she sent me a silver hug in the mail. Remember when I wrote about the finish line and being wrapped in a foil blanket like at a marathon. Well, she sent me one. I started crying as soon as I opened it up.
 
 Mommy was there in 2004 when I ran my one (and only) marathon in Harrisburg. I don't think she thought it was such a big deal until she got there that day. It took me just shy of five hours to run that beast. I don't think she thought it was going to be that long. She made good use of the time though, going to Mass for an hour at the Cathedral in Harrisburg, while I continued to run. 
 
My college girlfriend, Lisa Melillo (now Harris), ran the race with me. And by "with me" I mean ahead of me - waaaayyy ahead of me. She finished in 3 hours and something. I think she already stretched and did her cool down by the time I got to the finish line. So when I finally crossed and they wrapped me in the foil blanket, I called it quits. No stretching, no cool down for me - just sat wrapped in the foil blanket for a long long time.  

I've been doing a lot of just sitting lately too. But at least now I can do it in a foil blanket. Mom's friend from work is a runner and gave her this to send to me. I love it. So simple but so meaningful. We're getting closer and closer to the finish line. Thanks, Mommy.


 
 

The best part?!?! It was a DRINKING MARATHON!! A Yuengling Lager marathon, no less! Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment