DISCLAIMER:

DISCLAIMER: I reserve the right to curse on this blog. If you are offended, too f$%&ing bad. As a result, content might not be appropriate for small children.

Also, my spelling is terrible ... even with spell check. I apologize in advance for any errers.






Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Towel Turban


I love my sister Ashley to death. But during our recent trip to the beach, Ash hit three strikes and she was OUT! And it took her no time at all.

Let me explain. Thankfully my hair is really coming in nicely. And by nicely I mean it's about 1/2 inch and it sticks straight up! And I'm not complaining at all. Everyone seems to have an opinion though, even Katie my 6-year old next door neighbor whom I adore. She loves me too, but she doesn't quite like the current coif. She hit two strikes in no time by remarking, "You still look like a boy." And "Why is it coming in white?" I'd like to think it's just really soft blonde. The current color goes to prove I AM a real blonde (and most people know I have the IQ to go with it.)

So when Ash came to visit, the first thing she said was, "Can I borrow your hair dryer?" Well, since I was bald when we closed on the condo, I haven't felt it necessary to bring that small appliance to the beach. Instead, I go "au naturell" and let my head skin air dry. STRIKE #1.

We were getting ready to go out to dinner the next night and the bitch wants to know if she can use my hairspray. Is she kidding me?!?! hehe As I was pretending to be mad and yell at her, I was laughing hysterically. STRIKE #2.

As the short Sisters Trip was winding down, Ashley wanted to reflect on how old I was getting. Thirty-two this year, my recently crowned 30-year old sister reminds me. Yeah, I know. My uterus is getting old, I got it. No, no, she said. She wasn't concerned about my chances to conceive. She's concerned my hair will come in with significant gray. I was gonna kill her. STRIKE #3.

See ... these are things only a sister can say. So is this: Back off bitch, at least it's coming in at all! No, just kidding. We teased Ashley about her hair comments the whole weekend and reflecting on them brings a smile to my face.

You know what else brings a smile to my face? The fact that I resurrected the Towel Turban when I get out of the shower this week. This famous flip of the towel became unnecessary when I was lock-less. But with just a little bit of hair, I feel it's time to Turban it up. Maybe it's God's way of saying I should stand in solidarity with the Sikh community - but that's probably just coincidence. (See ... even thought I haven't been in the newsroom in like 6 months, I'm still paying attention to current events. Did anyone know it was the Olympics?!?! It's all NBC reports on right now. Apparently there is no news other than Ryan Lochte's one night stands.)

I'll post a proper picture of my growing peach fuzz in the next few days, but for now ... here's my best turban!

1 comment:

  1. I am happy for your " blond hair" if it is not a blond as you want I can give you the name of my box :). I miss seeing you every week, come see me, not next week going to the Dominican Republic on a mission trip. Always praying and thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete