DISCLAIMER:

DISCLAIMER: I reserve the right to curse on this blog. If you are offended, too f$%&ing bad. As a result, content might not be appropriate for small children.

Also, my spelling is terrible ... even with spell check. I apologize in advance for any errers.






Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Bad Numbers. Haven't We've Been Here Before?

I love alliteration, as does my dad who refers to himself as Dapper Dad and me as Dear Darling Daughter, D2 and 3D respectively. (The rule is a man's number of alliterations are listed after his initial. ie: Christopher Cunningham Cooke is C3. And women get the number upfront, hence 3D. I don't know how he comes up with this shit. He has too much time on his hands! :-)

Tuesday is blood day and it lends itself to a series of alliterations. I would prefer most Tuesday's to be the easy go-to Terrific Tuesday, or even Tremendous Tuesday. Would I be going to far by hoping for a Titillating Tuesday? Probably.  

Then there's the other side of the coin. A classic Terrible Tuesday. Perhaps a Troubled Tuesday. When it's really bad (and you're a fan of the hit Showtime show Homeland) it might even be a Terrorizing Tuesday. (But don't worry: Claire Dane's character is on the case, even though she is bi-polar and sleeping with the main informant. It's that kind of show!)

I won't be overly dramatic (have I ever been overly dramatic?? ;-) This is Trouble Tuesday. My beta hCG # jumped from 4.5 to 39. Ugh. That fucking number is going to be the death of me - figuratively, not literally, I hope. It's a disappointing jump. But we have a plan. I like plans. Get chemo tomorrow in the office as scheduled. Hold our breath and pray even harder for better numbers next Tuesday. If it goes down - great. In the words of Bush 43 "Stay the course." If it goes up, like our taxes will if we hit the fiscal cliff, I'll put my head between my legs and kiss my ass goodbye. Just kidding. Then they will scan me again, including my brain (scary) and maybe switch chemos. Not outta options yet. That's the sentence I'm most afraid to hear, "We're out of options." I think unless we rule out a brain transplant, we still have options.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers! I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

    Thanks,

    Cameron

    ReplyDelete