DISCLAIMER:

DISCLAIMER: I reserve the right to curse on this blog. If you are offended, too f$%&ing bad. As a result, content might not be appropriate for small children.

Also, my spelling is terrible ... even with spell check. I apologize in advance for any errers.






Friday, November 9, 2012

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad

This is both the title of my favorite children's book by Judith Viorst and how I would like to describe my last few days.

I can not dwell because I'm so tired and in so much stomach distress right now. I just want to check in.

My number dropped again. It was 10 at Halloween. The hcg is now 5.6 - that is spectacular news is no lost on me. In fact it's the only thing that is helping to keep me focused. Most of my other blood work was too low for chemo this Wednesday and I was no at all disappointed.

For three days I literally could not get out of the bed. On day I did, I went to sit in a chair next to Chris. The next thing I know, Chris is leaning over me checking my pulse at my throat. I said, "What happened?" He said, "Did you have a nice sleep?" I legitimately said, "Yes. What was I talking about." "Nothing," he said, "you eyes just up and rolled into the back of your head." These are not good days.

My platelets are down to 11, I've had fluids from Kristin 3 times this week - great story there.

And at 32 years old, I officially lost control of my bowels yesterday morning.  - also a terrible, yet funny and totally embarrassing story there.

Like I said, These are not good days.

Katie took two days of work and drove 5 five hours on a moments notice to get here. These things make all the difference. I think I've done cancer pretty-perky so far. I am much less perky right now. Send perky vibes, like Katie Couric perky.

No comments:

Post a Comment