DISCLAIMER:

DISCLAIMER: I reserve the right to curse on this blog. If you are offended, too f$%&ing bad. As a result, content might not be appropriate for small children.

Also, my spelling is terrible ... even with spell check. I apologize in advance for any errers.






Wednesday, January 9, 2013

We're Back On, Baby

I've missed two chemo treatments for a total for three chemo-free weeks and I feel like a million bucks! We've also continued the up-down movement of hCG, but today, I'm back in the saddle. And by saddle I don't mean that mechanical bull I've always been meaning to try ... I mean the Lazy-Boy chair in the Chemo Lounge. It's been so long since I've sat with Kristin and laughed all day. I forget what her face looks like! But we will get really well re-acquainted today with 8 1/2 hours of drip drip.

My # yesterday was 5.5 - that makes the last four weeks:
10.9
5.9
3.5
5.5

Drivin' me nuts. But the fives and threes are so close to each other and so close to 2, I call it a wash. Still pushing 6 more weeks of chemo AFTER the magical less than two. So when co-workers say, "When are you coming back to work?" meaning, "How quickly can you get your ass back in the newsroom so I don't have to pick up your slack??" I say honestly, "It's gonna be a little while still."

No, really, my WGALers have been awesome. I've seen a few News 8 friends over the passed few weeks and everyone is so kind and really have gone above and beyond as far as filling in for the sick bitch. I'm so thankful to have such support. I want to be back as much as they want me back. My desk with Susan Shapiro needs two people. There's plenty of room for two people! ;-)

My ride/special guest/cancer buddy/mother-in-law is here to drive me to the Lounge. Gotta go. We're gonna keep on keeping on.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I've seen your desk. There is not enough room for two people.

    ReplyDelete