DISCLAIMER:

DISCLAIMER: I reserve the right to curse on this blog. If you are offended, too f$%&ing bad. As a result, content might not be appropriate for small children.

Also, my spelling is terrible ... even with spell check. I apologize in advance for any errers.






Thursday, February 21, 2013

Ash Wednesday ... Again

You know you've had cancer too long when you start celebrating events for the second time around. With Groundhog Day Round 2 out of the way ... the next repeat was Ash Wednesday. Because Ash Wednesday is typically on a Wednesday ;-)  I had chemo this year and last year. If you remember, I missed the ashes part of Mass last year and had to beg Father Leo. This year Marcia and I snuck in ashes after bloodwork, before lunch and before chemo. We were so late to Mass we got there just in time for ashes. Then we were running late for lunch, so we ditched out just after Communion. It was definitely an abbreviated service for us. Marsh said God will forgive us. I like myself an Express Mass, so I was thrilled. Next year for Ash Wednesday, I will be cancer free and have a cute, probably still short haircut.
 
This year for Lent, I'm giving up Cancer. 
 
 
Last year's ashes.
This year.

No comments:

Post a Comment