DISCLAIMER:

DISCLAIMER: I reserve the right to curse on this blog. If you are offended, too f$%&ing bad. As a result, content might not be appropriate for small children.

Also, my spelling is terrible ... even with spell check. I apologize in advance for any errers.






Monday, February 11, 2013

Hit a Strike Against Cancer!

Here's a little catch-up from like two weeks ago: 
 
When in doubt, pick up your fun nephews and find a cool activity. It was a boring weekend day and I had to get out of the house. Lucky, a local cancer organization, You and Me on a Comeback, was holding a Bowl-a-thon! Winning!
 
Jay, Ben and Alexander are usually up for anything. It was a bonus that Jay wasn't totally weirded out when he realized he wasn't wearing any socks in his cool new Sperry's. He'd have to wear the bowling shoes with naked feet. He did remark though that the man behind the counter did nothing but spritz some fragrant spray in the general area of the shoes and that meant they were "sanitized." No one ended up with Athlete's Foot ... but that might be because you can't call us athletes by the way we bowled!!
 
 
 
With two lanes to bowl on and single digit scores after 5 frames, we decided to ask for bumpers on one lane. Hysterically, even with bumpers we bowled "consistently" - which translates to: 1st roll you get three pins; 2nd roll you throw the ball in that exact spot, where there's now a hole and you get no pins. Net score with bumpers? 3. Ouch.

It was fun to meet new people from the Cancer organization and see some old friends. Adam Aurand and his wife Kristy came to bowl with us and brought their own little bowling ball, Baby Kylar!! I quickly traded holding a bowling ball for holding the bambino! So cute!!

 
 
It was a fun, family outing and supported a good cause. I thought it would be funny if I put spots on my head so it looked like a bowling ball. But I thought Jay would DIE of embarrassment so I held off.
 
 
Couldn't contain myself at home though. No one but Chris and the dogs to laugh at me ... and they do that every day any way. I'd say with all my brains, that bowling ball head is at least a 12 pounder!

1 comment:

  1. I just love your sense of humor! I think the "spots" are great! Your mom is one of my dearest friends here at the beach and I spotted your OIB tee shirt right away! Praying daily at 1:27 for your complete healing and restoration!

    ReplyDelete