DISCLAIMER:

DISCLAIMER: I reserve the right to curse on this blog. If you are offended, too f$%&ing bad. As a result, content might not be appropriate for small children.

Also, my spelling is terrible ... even with spell check. I apologize in advance for any errers.






Friday, September 14, 2012

Popped My Cherry

Medical technology is so interesting. This robot was really amazing and because it's all computerized, they can measure down to the millimeter. This was always an advantage for my case because we needed to get all of the cancer out, but not take too much uterus. I still need something to carry the kids around in.

They used an experimental dye. I never want to be a lab rat for doctors who are trying out new stuff, but in this case it seemed to work out pretty well. The dye follows blood vessels. The uterus is full of blood vessels. We were betting that the tumor would NOT be. Therefore, with the dye, it would be easier to tell what parts were healthy uterus and which parts were nasty tumor.

It turns out the tumor didn't light up. It was a cherry sized tumor that they scooped right out. I think there are a lot of things that are probably "cherry" sized, but I thought it was hysterical that the doctors would chose a cherry as a comparison for a uterus surgery.

The doctors also cut that fucker open when they got it to the lab. It turns out it had three foci - like three different hotspots still alive inside it. Plenty of nasty cancer cells that could have started up again at any time. It's just more proof that they cherry needed to be popped.

I have five little holes on my belly including my belly button. Dr. Gargiulo was so excited when he first saw my belly button, saying it was nice and deep. He said it would be perfect for a robot arm. I had never been so proud of my belly button before! We'll keep everything wrapped up for a couple of days. But let's be honest, when this shit is over ... I better start doing some sit-ups!

2 comments:

  1. You're beautiful and you made me laugh - check point met! Happy Recovering!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not pretty? Are you out of your mind? You and your stomach are freaking gorgeous! Oh the shoes were ok.. hahahahaha.. jk!! LOVED them!! Keep healing, honey!

    xoxoxox,
    Todd, Dawn & Olivia

    ReplyDelete