DISCLAIMER:

DISCLAIMER: I reserve the right to curse on this blog. If you are offended, too f$%&ing bad. As a result, content might not be appropriate for small children.

Also, my spelling is terrible ... even with spell check. I apologize in advance for any errers.






Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Ovaries Are ON!

It just keeps getting better.

No more than .... eh, five minutes after I found out I was cancer-free, I called the Lancaster Fertility Center. I might have been jumping the gun a little bit but if I can't have my own babies, might as well find out sooner than later.

It was two weeks ago that we met with Dr. Sobel. He's kind and cute. Makes me feel like there is a little hope. That's when he drew my blood to see if my ovaries were - as I said it - "dead" or if they might still work. It turns out - much to everyone's surprise - my ovaries are functioning perfectly fine. If I still had a uterus I'd be getting my period. (Right now, that's still the only upside of a 32 year old having a hysterectomy - I will no longer be funding the Tampax empire.) The hormones needed to keep the ovaries producing eggs are there and doing their job. Amazing! I was amazed and so was Dr. Sobel!

The concern is two fold, 1) the amount of chemo I had, and 2) the type of chemo, specifically the Cisplatin. That's because Cisplatin is an alkaline based chemo, apparently bad for ovaries. All I understand of that is they make batteries out of alkaline, don't they? So I guess I can understand that pouring battery acid on an ovary would be a bad thing. That fucking Cisplatin - that's the drug that gave me the terrible reaction, remember? I legitimately thought I was going to die and Kristin had to save me! That drug is the worst - in more ways than one. However, the Cisplatin didn't win this time. Oh no, my ovaries are A-OK. So take that, Chemo!

The next issue is follicles. I know this is way more than most of you need to know, but I'm going to give you the gritty details anyway. After the good news about the ovaries, now we need to see if there are any follicles on them that would release eggs. Back to an ultrasound - the unfortunate procedure I've only had twice, which twice showed cancer instead of baby. This time, at least, I wasn't expecting to see a fetus - there ain't no room for that in the Cul-de-sac! But when he starts moving that wand around and the grey on the screen gets, well, more grey, I think I see an ovary. Obviously I have no idea what I am talking about because said grey spot isn't an ovary. It's a follicle! A follicle so big even I could make it out on the mish mosh of the screen! That ovary had 2 follicles. So instantly we knew the follicles were a go! Alleluia!

I'm thinking of the process like this: there are at least 10 hurdles between Chris and I ... and having a child that is biologically our own. We could get tripped up on any one of them and it's over. Adoption City, here we come. But so far, we cleared the first two hurdles! Incredible! See ... I told you to have hope and here it is!

The End Game is still a little wishy washy. I don't quite know where we go from here. There are some very specific biologic questions we have to ask the doctor at Sloan Kettering and the fertility clinic needs to ask a geneticist. We'll try to get some answers and go from there. For now, hope reigns supreme.

3 comments:

  1. That is some awesome fucking news!!! Right on sister - keep it moving to the happy spaces!!! keeping my fingers crossed for you ... as I am sure you have many an opportunity for volunteers - if you need to rent a uterus to grow a mini-person that will give you a run for your money forever and ever - I may know someone you can rent from :) Cheers love, it really is great news!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mer!!! I found you! I read all of the good news and am so happy, no, so f%*#ing happy to read such wondrous updates.

    You and Chris are and will remain in my constant prayers. Please send my best to him. A BIG hug is going your way.

    Peace and love,
    Jeff Engroff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chemicals used in industries gives me Leukemia Cancer and it's all started when I wanted to get off my job to get another job that when I got diagnose, at that very point I was so scared to die because it has infected my blood cells also I was prescribed drugs like Cyclophosphamide,Busulfan,Bosutinib,Cytarabine, Cytosar-U (Cytarabine),Dasatinib in all that was just to keep me waiting for my dying day. I got inspired by what I read from a lady called Tara Omar on blog spot on how Dr Itua cure her HIV/Aids then they were lettered below that says he can cure Cancer so I pick his contact on the testimony she wrote then I emailed Dr Itua hopefully he replied swiftly to my mail then I purchased his Herbal medicine also it was shipped to me here in Texas, I went to pick it at post office so he instructs me on how the treatment will take me three weeks to cure my Leukemia Disease, Joyfully I was cured by this Dr Itua Herbal Medicine.
    I will advise you too to give a try to Dr Itua Herbal Medicine with the following diseases that he can help you cure forever___Diabetes, Herpes,HIV/Aids, Bladder Cancer, Breast Cancer, Vaginal Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Lung Cancer, Skin Cancer, Uterine Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Colo_Rectal Cancer, Leukemia Cancer, Hepatitis, Brain Tumors, Tach Disease,Love Spell, Infertility, Hpv. GoodLuck,XoXo****
    Dr Itua Contact Information:::
    Email (info@drituaherbalcenter.com)(drituaherbalcenter@gmai.com)
    WhatsApp-(+2348149277967)

    ReplyDelete