DISCLAIMER:

DISCLAIMER: I reserve the right to curse on this blog. If you are offended, too f$%&ing bad. As a result, content might not be appropriate for small children.

Also, my spelling is terrible ... even with spell check. I apologize in advance for any errers.






Monday, October 1, 2012

Do My Friends Know Me ... Or Do My Friends Know Me??

I think a lot of times I'm an open book ... ie: blogging about every little thing ... but it's always nice to know that my friends really get me.

Backtracking a little ... before I went to Boston for the resection, I received two fun going away gifts. The first, from my neighbor Cindy, included fun snacks with a theme - a drinking theme!! Go figure. Some Nik'n'Nip candy bottles "A few nips for the plane ride home!" and some Jelly Belly jellybeans in Cocktail Classic flavors, "Some cocktails for the plane ride." So fun and a whole lot better than a mini-bottle of booze served on a plane by a disgruntled flight attendant. 

 
Another neighbor, Jeannette, came by with a going away gift along the same theme. This one though, had an Italian flare, in honor of our Italian doctor. It's a three-pack of Prosecco in mini bottles. She thought it might be easier to get them on the plane if they were close enough to the 3 oz. rule. One for me, one for Chris, one for Dr. Garguilo.  
 
Flying on September 11th, we chose not to take a chance with the Italian champagne, so we're saving it. Instead of it being a "glad the surgery went well" toast ... I think we'll hold off until I can say for sure, "I'm 100% Cancer Free!" I'll toast to that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment