DISCLAIMER:

DISCLAIMER: I reserve the right to curse on this blog. If you are offended, too f$%&ing bad. As a result, content might not be appropriate for small children.

Also, my spelling is terrible ... even with spell check. I apologize in advance for any errers.






Friday, October 19, 2012

Happy to be Home

You don't sleep well in the hospital. Have I mentioned this?? It was so wonderful to come home and sleep in my own bed Thursday night. I kept pushing the nurses to get me out as soon as possible. One fun nurse says, "Why? Do you have a hot date?" Obviously not, but one is happy to do anything but sit in the hospital getting chemo.

Despite being in my own bed, I didn't sleep really well the next few nights. I have to take the "rescue" drug every six hours, so this time it was 7 and 2. Seven am then 1 pm, 7 around dinner then 1 in the morning. You know how you don't sleep well when you have to get up for something important ... like catching a plane, or a big morning meeting, or running a marathon (I'm thinking of a Seinfeld episode where the guy misses the marathon because of an AM PM problem with his alarm.). Well, I think I was having alarm anxiety and couldn't get a good night's sleep.

But Chris held me in bed, which makes me feel happy and warm and safe. And Mommy doted on me, and did the errands and the laundry and all the wonderful things only Mommies can do. I don't like the hospital days. I would rather been in the Chemo Lounge with Kristin and all my friends. But I had worked myself into an anxious tizzy before the hospital admission. So at least now I know it's not that bad.

Dorothy did have it right: there's no place like home.

1 comment:

  1. When will you be at the hospital again? LGH? And are you up for visitors?

    ReplyDelete