DISCLAIMER:

DISCLAIMER: I reserve the right to curse on this blog. If you are offended, too f$%&ing bad. As a result, content might not be appropriate for small children.

Also, my spelling is terrible ... even with spell check. I apologize in advance for any errers.






Monday, February 27, 2012

It's All About the Hair!

This post is unbridled vanity! Never known as one to shy from the camera ... or shirk attention ... I made my wonderful friend Ronda treated me to a fabulous photo shoot last week! With baldness impending, I "did my hair up good" and asked her to take some pics of my lucious locks before I lost them.

Some background: I think I probably look better with shorter hair. It's how I started my TV career and how I looked when I met my husband. (He says he fell in love with me DESPITE that short hair, but we'll never really know, will we?) But after a lot of "proper" TV cuts, I was desperate for Sexy Beach Hair! You know, the soft curls that scream, "Run your fingers through me! I was an uptight curl until the salty beach air breezed through and chilled me out a bit." That kind of hair.

After growing my hair for the last two years, I thought I was entering "Beach Hair" zone. Some days were good, some not so hot. I bought 37 products to get it to look just right (and by 'just right' I mean the 'it just fell like this and happened to look perfect but unkempt all at the same time' look.) It took me like 40 minutes to do in the morning. I like to think that I have better arm definition today because I was essentially doing bicep curls with the curling iron every morning. I think Chris liked it. I thought it was fun. It was more hair than I have ever had.

And now it's over.

So here's what my little Hair Fashion Show looked like last week:  (this is ridiculous, but I LOVE it!)









So hysterically fun!! This is on Lemon Street in the city, outside Charlie and Deb Smithgall's house. We were there interviewing them and Ronda is so good, she says come outside, I love the brick, it will look awesome ... and it does!

Now, I've picked the best, most flattering pictures. But in an effort to show you I don't take myself too seriously, this is one of the duds: The Mohawk!


And with hair like this, I would most certainly sit Indian Style and not god damn Criss Cross Apple Sauce! I hate that!

Just three days later, I cut it. It will be the first of 3 cuts so we get closer to the scalp gradually. Kara always does such an awesome job at Salon Artiff. Needless to say, my new 'do hasn't looked this good since I left the salon.








No comments:

Post a Comment