DISCLAIMER:

DISCLAIMER: I reserve the right to curse on this blog. If you are offended, too f$%&ing bad. As a result, content might not be appropriate for small children.

Also, my spelling is terrible ... even with spell check. I apologize in advance for any errers.






Saturday, March 3, 2012

Wig Shopping!!

Alright, this is going to happen. There will be no hair on my head. So what's a girl on TV to do?? Get a rug. Or three! Chris Steltz agreed to be my yes, no, hell no get that off your head girl. She was the perfect choice.

Six different people suggested the same woman for wig shopping. I don't know how many wig shops there are in Lancaster County, but when you ask 6 people and they all say the same woman, you know you're going to be fine.

This was Thursday, a day of total nausea. At first I was sure I was going to puke. But as the day wore on and the nausea just stayed I realized this is it. It's not like a drinking induced nausea (of which I am quite familiar). When you're hung over you can typically throw up and that provides some relief. Except that I hate the act of throwing up so much. Eugh! So a plus: you don't actually puke. Minus: that feeling just doesn't go away (despite every prescription Smithgall's pharmacy has for nausea.)

We hit the Classic Images Salon in Lititz with four things: a bottle of water, a sleeve of saltines, a camera and a sense of humor. That's all we needed.


This is how we started - strapping back the hair I still have. But let's be honest, my nose looks HUGE! The reason I love big hair is because a) I'm a total 80's child, and b) I've been dealing with this face long enough to know you need to tease up big hair to counteract that nose! Bald is not going to be good for me. No size earring can distract from that schnoz!

If nothing else, my boobs look good.


 


Add caption
 I feel like I've had some of these wigs as haircuts. Others were just fun to play around with. Let's be honest, we're not fooling anyone, but I did come away with 2 blonde wigs good for work and one sassy red one I'm going to wear out dancing or something (probably just to the grocery store, but I told myself it might dancing.) I think my face looks fat, probably because I weigh more. But this is what we have to work with ... and soon that face isn't going to have eyebrows or eyelashes either! Eek! At least I won't have to tweeze my chin hair!
 

2 comments:

  1. OK, #1 - I never even noticed the nose except as part of a beautiful face, so either you've done a really good job balancing it with the hair or you're a little hypersensitive #2 - I love the new hair!!! Obviously there are downsides to having to wear a wig and I don't mean to diminish them, but think of the upsides - more time to sleep, tremendous savings on hair care products and salon visits (more $ for your kitchen fund!), never a bad hair day,you can keep your husband guessing as to which wife he's coming home to ;) AND if you need to go undercover for a story, you're all set! I think it's safe to say that you'll rock ANY look. Love you, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wig shopping IS so much fun, no matter what you'll look awesome! Hey, I myself have a beautiful blonde wig you should definitely try out. Don't ask me why I have one...just go with it. (smile)

    ReplyDelete