DISCLAIMER:

DISCLAIMER: I reserve the right to curse on this blog. If you are offended, too f$%&ing bad. As a result, content might not be appropriate for small children.

Also, my spelling is terrible ... even with spell check. I apologize in advance for any errers.






Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Kinda Blech

For those who live in Lancaster, today I felt like it looked outside. Dreary and a little gray ... but unlike the Lancaster sky, I did have some wonderful rays of sunshine today.

First, I'm wracking up an ok list of side effects. Massive pimples. Like, Congratulations, you just hit puberty pimples. The kind that live under your skin and are attached to every nerve in your body. Now this might be more than you think I need to share with you. But the funniest part about it is you could play connect the dots on my face and I'm sure you would come up with a legit constellation. The reason that's funny is because Mommy asked me the other day about the Cosmos part of the blog title. She just wanted to know if it was about the stars or the drinks. She's obviously been living too far from me for too long ... because clearly it's the drink! So just to punctuate that point, I found that cute clip art of a Cosmos - with heart bubbles no less! AJ, even my cosmo is bedazzled!!!

Second, I felt like an elephant was standing on my chest for most of yesterday. Just one good thick foot of an African Gray Elephant, leaning most of his weight square over my right breast. When I described to Chris where I was having the pain, he immediately insisted that the best remedy would be for him to rub in that spot for an extended period of time. Go figure!  :-) The elephant has moved to greener pastures today (do elephants like green pastures, I don't know?) so that's a relief.

The question now is was the elephant really my third problem ... good old gas. Again, this is probably more than you need to know ... but we're gonna get real on this blog people. I'm not holding back any punches. Listen, I know there's a children's book called Everyone Poops. I think there should be a supplement book to that one call Husband's Fart. (They don't really go over that in Pre-Cana and they should.) So I had intense chest and stomach pain Monday night and Tuesday morning. I had had a glass of milk with both of those meals. Other than Mom, I'm the only other grown adult I know who chooses a tall cold glass of milk over a glass of wine for dinner. So we think Dairy is going to be out for awhile. 

They way I describe these problems to my journalism friends, ie: the medical idiots, is that the chemo attacks fast reproducing cells. It's aiming for Cancer cells, but it knocks out some other ones too. Like hair, the lining of your mouth and the lining of your stomach and intestines. So even so good old fashion gas gets magnified when you have chemo. 

Last, my back hurts. I think I have a slipped disk in my next (self diagnosis based on no actual fact.) But Dr. Evans suggested several medical massages to remedy that. I like the plan. 

It's late and I'm beat. I'll introduce you to my rays of sunshine tomorrow. They sparkle more than Edward Cullen in a sunlit pasture! 

1 comment:

  1. There is a sister book to Everyone Poops, called The Gas we Pass - and it is a hoot. Now I know what I am getting you to cheer you up!!!!!

    ReplyDelete