DISCLAIMER:

DISCLAIMER: I reserve the right to curse on this blog. If you are offended, too f$%&ing bad. As a result, content might not be appropriate for small children.

Also, my spelling is terrible ... even with spell check. I apologize in advance for any errers.






Tuesday, February 21, 2012

X Marks the Spot

It's in. And it's fine. It went fine. I feel fine. We're one step closer to getting better.

The surgi-center runs like a well oiled machine. Everyone was so kind. I asked for some Versed before they took me back to the OR. I told the nurse it's the only part of this stupid little surgery that makes it worth it. Chris said that I fit the model for "drug seeking behavior." I agree with him. I was seeking some Versed!

Not sure what a medi-port is? Me either.
Here's where you can find out what Wiki says about it.

I almost lost it this morning though. The goal was to go to work today. I woke up with Chris so he could take a look at the incision and change the dressing. He peeled off the old dressing which was stiff with a little brown dried blood. Chris is so gentle when he does it though. He has those good hands. I looked down briefly and could see the cut line with a little crusty scab on it then a stamp of a circle with and X in it, to mark the actual location of the port. For a second, I thought, oh look - it's like a treasure hunt. The nephews would love this stamp! Then, I felt like I was going to puke. Just for a minute or two. I headed for the bathroom just in case, but it came and went. My husband/doctor says it's not uncommon for people to get queasy when their dressing is being changed. At least I'm a little normal. So I didn't throw up, I got in the shower, Chris helped wash my hair and I felt revived and clean.

I'm at work now. I feel okay. What was I going to do at home? Sit around and sulk? I have a great story already - I'll be live at Noon. The news keeps coming, even if I'm not here, but it's nice when I can feel like I have some purpose.
Also, I have this eye twitch. It just won't go away. Chris says that eye twitches can be brought on by a lack of sleep or stress. I can't imagine why I would have either one of those problems.

2 comments:

  1. Hey lady! Holland just forwarded the blog my way- thinking of you! Look for a card in your mailbox soon.

    Oh- and can we do the US Weekly crosswords again? I miss those. Just maybe not as early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the hat, you are always so stylish!

    ReplyDelete